Why Choose Bushwise?Bushwise and it's staff are dedicated to training only within the tourism & hospitality industry, we focus on what we do best!
Why Choose Bushwise?
The best in the Industry
- Since 2012 Bushwise FGASA results have been the highest compared to other long term training provider results.
- Over seven years, from 2007 to 2015, 94% of Bushwise students have passed their FGASA level 1 exam.
- Bushwise graduates are highly sought after by leading South African employers.
- 95% of our students are being offered permanent positions within a month of graduating.
- Graduates are placed in research and lodge placements as fully functional and legal trainee guides – you won’t be floating around aimlessly during your placement. A Bushwise mentor will be available on-hand throughout your placement
- From the moment you click that ‘Enquire Now’ button, to when you first arrive at our campus, you will be given full support by our team. From our amazing pre departure support staff, who will answer all your burning questions and help you choose the best course suited to your long term career goals, to our trainers and campus support staff, we will be with you every step of the way to ensure you have the most educational and enjoyable experience possible.
- The support does not stop when you graduate. Our alumni program is designed to reward and benefit our alumni by encouraging graduates to network within the industry, build your career and support new students.
- Bushwise trainers are all dedicated to drawing the best out of each individual on the course to reach their dream and highest potential.
- “A cut above the rest” – Bushwise courses include other important skills/qualifications related to the industry, such as a Cybertracker Track & Sign course, 4 x 4 course, reptile orientation course, wildlife photography skills etc.
- Bushwise does not compromise it’s quality by adding irrelevant activities to an already jam-packed course. We do not want jeopardize the high standards of knowledge and expertise that the Bushwise course offers and graduates are renowned for. As such we ensure all activities are carefully picked to guarantee quality not quantity, and ensure students receive the foundations needed to reach your best potential as a field guide.
- Individual attention – Bushwise maintains one of the lowest student to staff ratios, enabling personalized and focused training, with approximately 1 trainer to every 5-7 students.
- Bushwise carries out it’s training on the Greater Makalali Private Game Reserve, a pristine wilderness area of over 26,000 hectares and home to the ‘Big Five’. Pidwa Wilderness and Makutsi Game Reserves are also used for practicals, increasing exposure and experience for our students. Bushwise trains you to be competent in working around dangerous game.
- Bushwise campuses offer comfortable, permanent accommodation structures with electricity and water.
- You will get home cooked hearty meals every day.
- Bushwise is run by highly qualified and experienced FGASA trainers.
- Bushwise has one of the best reputations of all training providers in producing high quality and well trained graduates.
Not just a Level 1 course – Level 2 knowledge and trails guide theory included.
Colin Patrick – Colin Patrick Training
“It is a privilege to be associated with training providers that put back into conservation and guiding by providing top quality training to the guides of the future. Bushwise is one of those training providers and Colin Patrick Training is proud to be associated with such an organisation”
Kevin MacLaughlin from South Africa
“Bushwise has given me the opportunity to take on a job in the guiding industry with confidence, knowing that I can do the job properly, looking back at everything I learnt, I probably wouldn’t be able to say that if I hadn’t done the course. Credits must go out to our trainers Charles, Trevor and Willie who all went out of their way in making sure we produced the results we wanted. Without Bushwise I wouldn’t be where I am today and where I am now is exactly where I want to be.”